By Lizzie Wood
Welcome back to our Q&A blog! This month we’re back up north to speak to the lovely Lizzie Wood from our Manchester office.
1. Favourite band as a teenager?
2. If you could travel anywhere in time, where would you go and why?
I think Ancient Greece is such an interesting time. All the politics and scandal at the same time that they’re writing poems, building temples and painting frescos
3. Tea or coffee?
4. Name one modern appliance you could/would choose to live without?
The dishwasher. Nobody knows when to load or unload it so it just ends up with loads of unwashed pots sitting in it.
5. What can’t you live without?
6. What event would you choose to enter in the Olympic Games if you had to pick one?
Show-jumping. The equestrian events are the only ones in the whole Games where men and women compete on equal terms
7. Favourite memory of your childhood?
Staying at my Nan’s when my parents went away for the weekend. We’d stay up to watch Blind Date and eat tuna pasta bake with crisps on top
8. If you weren’t in PR, what would your dream job be?
I’d love to run my own pub. I’d be like Peggy Mitchell and wear big earrings
9. Favourite all time song and why?
Mercy Street by Peter Gabriel – my dad used to listen to it a lot when I was born and has played it ever since. It’s not my favourite song but has a lot of memories
10. What do you think the next big thing in the media will be?
I think that technologies like Google Glass and augmented reality will slowly start to become integrated into the workplace as they advance and become more viable
Lizzie is an Associate Director in the Manchester team