Welcome back to our Q&A blog! This month we’re in the London PR agency office to quiz our brilliant office manager – Kate Hoggard
1. Favourite band as a teenager?
Lloyd Cole and the Commotions
2. If you could travel anywhere in time, where would you go and why?
Papua New Guinea in the 1920’s during the gold rush when my grandfather was there. I never met him and always imagine it as somewhere between ‘The Piano’ and an Indiana Jones movie. I’m sure it was harder than either. It would be great to be able to talk to him and share the experience.
3. Tea or coffee?
Coffee, without a doubt!
4. Name one modern appliance you could/would choose to live without?
5. What can’t you live without?
6. What event would you choose to enter in the Olympic Games if you had to pick one?
Having just been to the Commonwealth Games it would have to be Gymnastics – those girls have such flexibility and strength! However just thinking about me doing a roly poly is making me laugh!
7. Favourite memory of your childhood?
Having my hair cut in Saks Fifth Avenue when I was 10. I had to sit on several volumes of the NY Telephone Directory to see in the mirror.
8. If you weren’t in PR, what would your dream job be?
An archivist at MoMA in NY.
9. Favourite all time song and why?
Blue Monday by New Order, because I have danced to it for longer than I care to remember and intend to continue…..
10. What do you think the next big thing in the media will be?
No idea really, but think sadly it may be the end of daily newspapers – as in the paper variety.
Find out more about our services from our London PR agency office.
Nikki is a director and co-founder of Fourth Day