S amsonVT is a Manchester-based start-up that is helping manufacturers to transform product after sales and machine maintenance. This includes the replacement of printed repair manuals and parts catalogues with a digital platform offering interactive 3D models.
SamsonVT wanted to seize an opportunity to become a pioneer in the after sales market – a space that has traditionally been underserved by the technology sector – and saw PR as a key way to achieve this.
The PR objective:
The main objective for the first twelve months was to establish SamsonVT as a credible provider of interactive 3D technical publications, with the goal of helping the company to drive sales and attract investment. SamsonVT needed a campaign that would:
- raise awareness of the business and the huge potential of this technology
- position the founders as thought leaders
- nurture sales leads
Without legacy customers or an established reputation, SamsonVT wanted to build its credentials and reach the right people in a cost-effective way.
To achieve this, Fourth Day embarked on a campaign that would establish SamsonVT as an expert in its field. This included:
- Developing thought leadership. Media articles that would ensure SamsonVT was leading the conversation on issues that were important to prospective customers. This involved introducing key concepts such as ‘paperless engineering’ and the role of ‘anomaly detection’ in predictive maintenance.
- Commenting on topical issues. From the role of AI in manufacturing to views on international expansion for North West companies, we offered commentary from CEO Sam Burgess on a range of topics to tier one media.
- Distributing news releases. These were integral in communicating key milestones that would be of interest to potential investors. We worked with SamsonVT to create a steady stream of ‘good news’ stories including partnerships, key hires, client wins or successful grant applications that would support the company’s development.
- Drafting marketing collateral to nurture sales leads. We worked with SamsonVT to develop content across a variety of touchpoints that would help to convert prospects. This included producing a whitepaper – sourcing and interviewing third-party contributors and influencers – to create an authoritative, credible piece.
To create excitement around the company, we also helped Sam Burgess build relationships with the region’s business press. This included interviews with regional editors, participation in industry roundtables and submitting award entries, as well as highlighting any potential networking opportunities.
“Fourth Day have helped us in a number of ways. They gave us a voice where we previously didn’t have one, positioning us as a credible and innovative alternative to the traditional way of thinking about after sales. Without doubt, this encouraged customers to come to our door which has carried over into us gaining investment.’’Sam Burgess CEO, SamsonVT
At a glance:
$5.1m Our strategy helped SamsonVT secure Series A funding
55 articles Pieces of coverage in key online and print publications
Industry recognition Several award nominations